2016年3月12日星期六

Different images of cities----Photo Series

I was born and grew up in Beijing, the capital city of China. It's a huge, international city, crowded with people and cars. Yes, big cities looks same, they all have big tall buildings, crowded with people and cars. There is a term called "千城一面" in China to describe this phenomenon, it means that thousands of cities have the same image.

 But I love to discover the unique part of cities. In my pictures, I want to show people the unique parts of all these cities. In these pictures I took, I 'freeze' the little unique part of the city. These unique parts always give me a feeling of magic every time I look at these pictures.

 These pictures were took in New York, Baltimore, New Jersey, Florida and DC. The inspiration of my photos are Frank Herforth,  who used a lot of high contrast of colors in his picots; and Lee Friedlander, who always use unique shooting angles.

I love traveling and I do need to travel a lot and a very long distance twice every year. I hope audiences, whether they haven't travel to many places, or they have already got tired of traveling for so many places, can feel the excitement of me, and the beauty of the difference between these cities. 
















没有评论:

发表评论